How to Fix Binance 2FA Reset Not Working?
Binance Two-Factor Authentication is the main security element in a user’s account to protect his/her data and funds from getting hacked or stolen by any other person.
If you want to enable two-factor authentication in your Binance account and looking for the process, you need to execute the below-given steps which are as follows:
- At first, you have to log in to the Binance website and tap on the security button placed at the right corner of the screen. The next step is to click the enable button in the Google Auth section.
- Now, you have to install the Google Authenticator app on your device and scan the QR code :
- You have to open the Google Authenticator app and to get register with Binance Jersey, tap on the ‘+’ and select the option — ‘Scan barcode’ or ‘Manual entry’.
- If you click on ‘Scan barcode’, you have to scan the QR displayed in ‘Enable Google Authentication’ page.
- If you click on ‘Manual Entry’, enter the desired account name and the 16-digit key displayed in “Enable Google Authentication” page.
Once the registration process is done on the phone, you are allowed to alter the account name shown on Google Authenticator for the convenience.
3. The next step is to create a back up key and enable Google Authentication. You need to enter the following information in the form which is as follows:
- Login Password: You need to login password used to log in to the Binance Jersey account.
- Google Authentication code: It is the 6-digit number created by the Google Authenticator app installed on your mobile phone.
To know more about Binance and 2fa issues, you can always talk to the team over Binance helpdesk number which is always functional.
Steps to disable Google 2FA
If you want to disable Google two-factor authentication, execute the following steps which are as follows:
- Login to Binance Jersey and visit the account center. And, click on ‘disable’ in the Google Auth section.
- The next step is to enter the login password and Google Authentication code generated by the Google Authenticator app. Afterward, click on the ‘submit’ button to disable Google Auth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to Google 2FA issues
1. How to resolve a ‘binding failed’ issue?
- You have to make sure that the ‘Google Authenticator’ app is installed on your phone and the time on your phone that monitors the Google Authenticator app and on the computer used for Binance Jersey should be synchronized. And, the date/time setting of your mobile phone should be automatic.
- On iPhone devices, you have to ensure that ‘set automatically’ is on and on Android devices, you have to ensure that ‘automatic date and time’ is on. You have to enter the right password and 2FA code.
2. How can Google Authenticator be created on the new phone, when your phone is lost or changed but the 2FA secret key is backed up?
Now, the Google Authenticator Code is recovered and if you have lost your mobile phone, it is recommended to disable your Google Authenticator on your Binance Jersey account. To know more, you can always call on Binance support phone number which is always functional to assist you.
Originally published at https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com on September 1, 2020.